Are you someone who is always looking out for others? Take that caring attitude and turn it into a career with Southwest Technical College’s Practical Nursing Program. You will be trained to care for patients with practical application in simulated lab scenarios and local care facilities. Coursework will prepare you for licensure as a practical nurse. Graduates may either enter the workforce or continue their education towards becoming a registered nurse.
Cost includes tuition, books, fees, and supplies.
Program Length: 930 hours (approximately 8 months)
Location: Main Campus – Health Professions and Trades Building
Program Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Program Prerequisites & Required Applications:
- Apply to become a student at Southwest Technical College
- Complete the Practical Nursing prerequisites (see page 10 of application) and request transcripts.
- Complete the Pre-Admission Exam (PAX). (An existing TEAS test score may be accepted in lieu of the PAX.)
• Prepare for the PAX
• PAX prep materials
• Schedule the PAX
- Complete and sign the Southwest Tech Practical Nursing Application and submit prior to 4 pm on May 1, 2019, including Goal Statement and three completed evaluation reference forms.
- Pay $40 Application Processing Fee
Start Date: Fall 2019
- • Southwest Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- • Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam.
Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements:
Practical Nursing Coordinator
Practical Nursing Faculty
BSN, Southern Utah University
Practical Nursing Faculty
MSN, Western Governor’s University
Utah State University:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
“My experience at Southwest Tech has been excellent. Not only was it a good education, but it was enjoyable. Southwest Technical College was the best choice for me.”
2019 Practical Nursing Application
Practical Nursing Applications must be signed and submitted to Southwest Technical College ON or BEFORE 4:00 PM, May 1,
Southwest Technical College Practical Nursing
757 West 800 South
Cedar City, Utah 84720
Practical Nursing Program Mission Statement
The purpose of the Practical Nursing Program at Southwest Technical College is to prepare the graduate to practice safely in accordance with the National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) Standards. Graduates will be prepared to enter the nursing profession as a Licensed Practical Nurse or continue nursing academic endeavors, including Registered Nurse licensure.
Practical Nursing Philosophy
The philosophy of the Practical Nursing Program at Southwest Technical College utilizes the nursing