Open the doors to your future with Southwest Technical College’s Information Technology (IT) Program. Increase your knowledge of computer equipment as you learn how to store, retrieve, transmit, and manipulate data. This program explores hardware, networking, and computer programming through a flexible and self-directed schedule and offers specialization options in Linux System Administration or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate.
Cost includes tuition, books, fees, and supplies. Click here for scholarship and financial aid resources.
Start Dates: Enrolling now. Click here to get started.
Program Length: 705 hours (Approximately 11 academic months.)
Location: Main Campus – Health Professions and Trades Building
- Southwest Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
Professional Certification Available:
Upon successful completion of the program, students may be eligible to obtain the following certifications:
- Comp TIA A+
- Comp TIA Linux+
- Comp TIA Network+
- Comp TIA Security+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) include the following tests (3): 1) Installation, Storage, and Compute with WindowServer 2016; 2) Networking with Window Server 2016; 3) Identity with Window Server 2016.
Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements:
- Information Security Analysts
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Information Technology Project Managers
Completion Rate (2018)
Placement Rate (2018)
“I just fell in love with programming. I wake up in the morning excited to program.”
Student Highlight – Jacob Allen
Student Highlight – Thomas Borrego
Occupational Advisory Committee
Each Southwest Tech Certificate Program has an Occupational Advisory Committee that consists of industry professionals from the regions we serve. These committee members ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of each occupation are being taught. This program has committee members from the following organizations: