If you’re interested in the Firefighter Program, please fill in your information below for more details:
Program Specific Enrollment Requirements:
- Candidates must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age prior to any testing or with issuing of certification by the Certification Council.
- Candidates must submit a completed physical form stating medical clearance by a doctor to participate in the program.
Cost includes tuition, books, fees, and supplies. Click here for scholarship and financial aid resources.
Start Date: January 10, 2023 Want to enroll? Click here to get started.
Program Length: 12 Credit Hours
Location: Main Campus – Health Professions and Trades Building
- Program Outcome:
- • Southwest Technical College Certificate of Program Proficiency
- Industry Certification:
- • Firefighter I, Firefighter II, Hazardous Materials Awareness, and Hazardous Materials Operations
Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements:
• On-campus Job Placement Services
• Local Employment Opportunities
Occupational Advisory Committee
Each Southwest Tech Certificate Program has an Occupational Advisory Committee that consists of industry professionals from the regions we serve. These committee members ensure that desirable, relevant, and current practices of each occupation are being taught. This program has committee members from the following organizations: