The Nursing Assistant Program at Southwest Technical College introduces students to patient care. The classroom lectures will prepare you with the comprehensive knowledge and skills needed to properly care for patients and residents. With multiple hours of hands-on clinicals, you will assist patients and residents with meals, hygiene, mobility needs, and the taking of vital signs all while under the supervision of a nurse.
How long does it take?
(Approx. 3 months)
How much does it cost?
When can I get started?
This program starts about 3 times a year. Call 435.586.2899 to find out when the next program begins.
What careers can I get?
With an education in Nursing Assistant, you could get a job working in a:
- Nursing Facilities
- Home Health Aide Agencies
- Assisted Living
- Local Hospitals
For more information on gainful employment details, please click here.
- 17 years of age on
firstday of class
- Two screenings of “2-step” TB tests with negative results, or QuantiFeron with negative results
- One dose of Hepatitis B vaccine
- One dose of Tdap vaccine after age 10
- One dose of current influenza vaccine (Oct-Feb enrollments)
- BLS for HCP CPR or ARC Professional CPR certification, current through clinical experiences
- Background Check—
copyof receipt; see full enrollment matrix for details; current through clinical experience