EMT – The Business of Saving Lives
EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) Basic Course will prepare you to become an entry level EMT ready to serve in a career or volunteer position within the EMS (Emergency Medical System). The EMT Basic course consists of 214 hours (190 classroom, 24 clinical) including lecture, practical skills, and ambulance ride along hours. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to acquire the National Registry Certification to further your employment goals.
How long does it take?
(Approx. 3 months)
How much does it cost?
When can I get started?
The EMT Basic Program is offered in the fall each year. Additional sections may be offered in the future. Call 435.586.2899 for more information.
What careers can I get?
With an education in EMT, you could potentially get a job as:
- 911 EMS Service
- Transport Ambulance Service
- Emergency Room Technician
For more information on gainful employment details, please click here.
- 18 years of age within 120 days of class ending date
- Screening #1 of the required “2-step” TB test, or Negative QuantiFeron results, the instructor will give you instructions on when to have screening #2 completed
- Copy of state or federal issued identification
- Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR Card current through the end of class (students may use the Emergency Care Textbook for this training)
Become a Student
Want to become a student at Southwest Tech? Click below to get started.
“My experience at Southwest Tech has been excellent. Not only was it a good education, but it was enjoyable. Southwest Technical College was the best choice for me.”Bennett Olsen
“I wanted to do more and I looked into Southwest Technical College. It has been the best decision that I have ever made. I wish I had done it years ago. If there’s any reason that you’re considering doing something different, give it a try and go for it. I’m so excited about my future.”Mishelle Cacho