Are you someone who is always looking out for others? Take that caring attitude and turn it into a career with Southwest Technical College’s Practical Nursing Program. You will be trained to care for patients with practical application in simulated lab scenarios and local care facilities. Coursework will prepare you for licensure as a practical nurse. Graduates may either enter the workforce or continue their education towards becoming a registered nurse.
Prerequisites & Required Applications:
- Practical Nursing Application Checklist
- 2020 Practical Nursing Application
- Program Specific Enrollment Requirements
- Candidate Selection Worksheet
Program Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
Start Date: August 10, 2020
Cost includes tuition, books, fees, and supplies. Click here for scholarships and financial aid resources.
Length: 930 hours (approximately 8 months)
Location: Main Campus – Health Professions and Trades Building
- • Southwest Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- • Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam.
Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements:
Southern Utah University: LPN/Paramedic to BSN ~ Nursing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Practical Nursing Program Mission Statement
The purpose of the Practical Nursing Program at Southwest Technical College is to prepare the graduate to practice safely in accordance with the National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) Standards. Graduates will be prepared to enter the nursing profession as a Licensed Practical Nurse or continue nursing academic endeavors, including Registered Nurse licensure.
Practical Nursing Philosophy
The philosophy of the Practical Nursing Program at Southwest Technical College utilizes the nursing
ACEN Student outcomes for 2019
- Licensure examination pass rate for all first-time test takers: 93.75%
- Program completion rate: 100%
- Job placement rate: 18.75%
- Progression Rate to ADN Program: 100%
Student Highlight – Leona Fischer