How To log into your online (Canvas) course:
- You must be enrolled in an Southwest Tech program as per campus standards
- Create a Gmail account specifically to use with our online system. The name of your Gmail account needs to be set up in a specific way. Follow these instructions:
- Use first 7 letters of your last name (or your entire last name if less than 7 letters)
- Plus, (a dot) .
- Plus, first 3 letters of your first name
- Plus, last 4 numbers of your student ID number
- And then use @student.stech.edu
(The maximum length for the username is 15 characters)
Example: If your name is Michael Thompson, and Student ID: 6200156442
Then you should create the account: Thompso.Mic6442@student.stech.edu
- Once enrolled in an online course, you will receive an enrollment email
- Click https://stech.instructure.com/ to log into Canvas
Troubleshooting/FAQ’s and Computer Specifications
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do I clear my Chrome browser cache on a Mac?
- How do I clear my Chrome browser cache on a Windows system?
- How do I clear my Firefox browser cache on a Mac?
- How do I clear my Firefox browser cache on a Windows system?
- How do I clear my Internet Explorer browser cache?
- How do I clear my Safari browser cache?